- Pocket of Resistance website relaunched on mobile responsive theme
- nigelparry.net launches site: Marit Brock for Saint Paul City Council
- Daniel Ellsberg announces the launch of ExposeFacts.org
- nigelparry.net client, the 2014 Saint Paul Almanac won the Midwest Book Award for Travel; finalist in Publisher's Website category
- nigelparry.net client the Saint Paul Almanac releases 8th edition
- nigelparry.net client the Saint Paul Almanac wins Midwest Book Award in Culture!
- Publicity materials for Lowertown Santacon V
- nigelparry.net website launched for Pittsburgh Citizen Police Review Board
- nigelparry.net client the Saint Paul Almanac publishes 7th edition of award-winning travel guide!
- nigelparry.net client Saint Paul Almanac wins Midwest Book Award
- Pioneer Press features nigelparry.net client the Saint Paul Almanac
- The children of the shoemaker get some attention
- nigelparry.net website for Teacher Support Network wins Charity Times web award!
- New York Arab-American Comedy Festival starts Nov 14th!
- Electronic Lebanon Website Brings Voices from Beseiged Beirut
- New Website Provides Latest LASIK News for Consumers
- Made in Palestine NY Exhibit extended following 3,364 visitors in 3 weeks
- First museum-quality exhibition of contemporary Palestinian art to open in New York City
- The War Report: Filling the Mainstream Media Void
- Electronic Intifada 3.0: Interview with Nigel Parry
- Nigel Parry accepts "Voices of Peace" Award from ADC
- The Internet as an alternative news publishing medium
My band, Pocket of Resistance, has been growing and playing out a lot recently. I decided it was time to spend some time developing its neglected website. It’s always good to work on your own projects, as you get the chance to try things out at your own pace. I design for the WordPress content management system these days, using the StudioPress Genesis Framework paired with child themes to extend WordPress’ functionality. The child theme used on pocketofresistance.net is a mobile responsive theme. Let’s look at what that means and does.Continue Reading →
St. Paul, Minn – Sunday afternoon, at a gathering outside her home to a crowd of over 60 supporters, Marit Brock announced her candidacy for St. Paul’s City Council, Ward 2 for November 2015. Ward 2 includes the neighborhoods of West 7th Street, the West Side, Summit Hill, Lowertown, and the Downtown business district.Continue Reading →
Launched by the Institute for Public Accuracy in June 2014, ExposeFacts.org represents a new approach for encouraging whistleblowers to disclose information that citizens need to make truly informed decisions in a democracy. From the outset, our message is clear: “Whistleblowers Welcome at ExposeFacts.org.” redkitten.com designed the ExposeFacts logo and site, nigelparry.net built the site.Continue Reading →
Last Wednesday, May 14, The Saint Paul Almanac took home the top prize in the Travel category at the Midwest Book Awards. The Almanac was also a finalist in the Publisher’s Website category, the third such recognition of a nigelparry.net website, previous awards included ADC’s Voices of Peace Award in 2003 and Charity Magazine’s Best Use of the Web in 2009.Continue Reading →
Since 2008, Nigel Parry has worked with the Saint Paul Almanac, a community literary organization and annual, award-winning guide to Minnesota’s capital city. Over the years, my role has expanded from my initial work as web designer and manager, to include publicist, cover designer, photo editor, and curator of the annual art exhibit that accompanies the fall launch of each new Saint Paul Almanac. The previous two editions of the Saint Paul Almanac have won Midwest Book Awards in the Travel (2012) and Culture (2013) categories.Continue Reading →
The Midwest Independent Publishers Association has sponsored the Midwest Book Awards since 1990. The 23rd Annual Gala was held on May 8th, 2013, at the Bloomington Center for the Arts, and honored excellence in books published in 2012. The awards recognize creativity in content and execution, overall book quality, and the book’s unique contribution to its subject area. The 2013 Saint Paul Almanac won a Midwest Book Award in the “Culture” category. Nigel Parry undertook the photo editing and cover design for the edition.Continue Reading →