- nigelparry.net client the Saint Paul Almanac releases 8th edition
- nigelparry.net client the Saint Paul Almanac wins Midwest Book Award in Culture!
- Publicity materials for Lowertown Santacon V
- nigelparry.net website launched for Pittsburgh Citizen Police Review Board
- nigelparry.net client the Saint Paul Almanac publishes 7th edition of award-winning travel guide!
- nigelparry.net client Saint Paul Almanac wins Midwest Book Award
- Pioneer Press features nigelparry.net client the Saint Paul Almanac
- The children of the shoemaker get some attention
- nigelparry.net website for Teacher Support Network wins Charity Times web award!
- New York Arab-American Comedy Festival starts Nov 14th!
- Electronic Lebanon Website Brings Voices from Beseiged Beirut
- New Website Provides Latest LASIK News for Consumers
- Made in Palestine NY Exhibit extended following 3,364 visitors in 3 weeks
- First museum-quality exhibition of contemporary Palestinian art to open in New York City
- The War Report: Filling the Mainstream Media Void
- Electronic Intifada 3.0: Interview with Nigel Parry
- Nigel Parry accepts "Voices of Peace" Award from ADC
- The Internet as an alternative news publishing medium
Since 2008, Nigel Parry has worked with the Saint Paul Almanac, a community literary organization and annual, award-winning guide to Minnesota’s capital city. Over the years, my role has expanded from my initial work as web designer and manager, to include publicist, cover designer, photo editor, and curator of the annual art exhibit that accompanies the fall launch of each new Saint Paul Almanac. The previous two editions of the Saint Paul Almanac have won Midwest Book Awards in the Travel (2012) and Culture (2013) categories.Continue Reading →
The Midwest Independent Publishers Association has sponsored the Midwest Book Awards since 1990. The 23rd Annual Gala was held on May 8th, 2013, at the Bloomington Center for the Arts, and honored excellence in books published in 2012. The awards recognize creativity in content and execution, overall book quality, and the book’s unique contribution to its subject area. The 2013 Saint Paul Almanac won a Midwest Book Award in the “Culture” category. Nigel Parry undertook the photo editing and cover design for the edition.Continue Reading →
Lowertown SantaCon is half spectacle, half pub crawl in the historic Lowertown district of Saint Paul, MN. Come as Santa, come as an elf or reindeer or get creative and come as a Santasaurus, the SantaChrist, a Hanukkah Chicken, a Kwanza Ham…you get the picture. Lowertown SantaCon was voted City Pages “Best Twin Cities Pub Crawl” in 2011. The annual event, now in its fifth year in December 2012, typically finds its way into the City Pages’ “A-List” and Pioneer Press “Best of the Week”. nigelparry.net undertakes publicity for the event including press release writing, the website’s design and content management, and print materials including posters, and postcards.Continue Reading →
The Independent Citizen Police Review Board in the City of Pittsburgh, PA, was established by a referendum amendment to the Pittsburgh Home Rule Charter on May 20, 1997. Since the inaugural Board convened in December 1997, the Independent Citizen Police Review Board has promoted responsible citizenship and professional law enforcement through mutual accountability. The site is a resource for people interested in relations between civilians and police, contemporary issues related to law enforcement and the operations of the Pittsburgh Independent Citizen Police Review Board. The CPRB’s former website was hosted centrally on the City of Pittsburgh’s main site, requiring updates to pass through a webmaster. Built in Wordpress with the Genesis framework, the new site can be managed from in-house by CPRB staff. Design and implementation by Nigel Parry.Continue Reading →
On September 13, 2012, nigelparry.net celebrates the launch of the 2013 Saint Paul Almanac—the indispensable seventh edition of the friendly guidebook to Minnesota’s capital city and Saint Paul’s eclectic community storytelling book of record! The Almanac also hosts multiple spoken word events series each year, and conducts community outreach, including to high schools and prisons. nigelparry.net has provided web design, publicity, and content and multimedia management services to the Saint Paul Almanac since 2007. For the last two years, nigelparry.net has become increasingly involved in the print edition of the book, offering consulting and photo editing.Continue Reading →
The 2012 Saint Paul Almanac was the winner of the “Travel” category in the 22nd annual Midwest Book Awards. Each year, the Midwest Independent Publishers Association holds the Midwest Book Awards competition for excellence in books published the year before. The awards recognize creativity in content and execution, overall book quality, and the book’s unique contribution to its subject area.Continue Reading →