The 2012 Saint Paul Almanac was the winner of the “Travel” category in the 22nd annual Midwest Book Awards.
Each year, the Midwest Independent Publishers Association holds the Midwest Book Awards competition for excellence in books published the year before. The awards recognize creativity in content and execution, overall book quality, and the book’s unique contribution to its subject area.
Now in its sixth edition, the Saint Paul Almanac features essays, poems, photos, maps, and listings of events, bars, restaurant, theaters, and other cultural venues within a datebook format. Available in full color for the first time and—another first—includes gorgeous, hand-drawn, poster-size, pull-out maps of the City of Saint Paul and Downtown!
The 2012 Almanac features 129 stories and 180+ photos. Contributors include literary giants, everyday residents, students, journalists, new Americans, and lovers of Saint Paul who live in other corners of the world.
nigelparry.net offers consulting to the Almanac team, designed and maintained the website at saintpaulalmanac.org — and undertakes photo editing and visual consultation for the print edition of the Saint Paul Alamanc.
About nigelparry.netWe have helped dynamic and controversial movements for change create professional and powerful online broadcasting engines and we have built online galleries for rock star art collectors. We like creative and interesting projects, we like projects for people trying to make a difference, and we like clients with something to say. More
- RT @Mizna_ArabArt: FF #MiznaArtists & partners @randajarrar @thezaghloool @robertfkarimi @falafelina @Hend_Kheera @hamzajsalim @stpaulalman… • 1 week ago
- Kathy Kelly, Jack Nelson-Pallmeyer, and William Blum are speaking at Peacestock on July 13th: peacestockvfp.org/about-peacesto… • 2 weeks ago
- VIDEO: Meet the youth #spokenword team representing #MN in the international Brave New Voices festival: saintpaulalmanac.org/almanac-events… • 3 weeks ago
- We're live tweeting the Lowertown Reading Jam presenting the 6 youth poets representing MN at Brave New Voices over on @AlmanacLive • 3 weeks ago
- R.I.P. Richie Havens, 72, a musical influence on percussive guitar. Watch "Freedom" from Woodstock: youtube.com/watch?v=VlLNG2… • 4 weeks ago
FROM THE NIGELPARRY.NET BLOG